Have you ever seen a cashew tree or wondered where cashews come from? I made some delicious nut milk today and realized I didn’t even know what a cashew tree looked like.
Native to Brazil, these beautiful nuts also grow in India and Africa and the trees produce a pear-like apple which bears this gorgeous nut.
As easy as making a smoothie (actually easier) and is cheaper than store-bought and so rewarding to make.
Cashew milk is rich in magnesium, high in protein and is a good source of healthy fats.
Creamy, cool, smooth and delicious.
Ingredients: makes a single serving
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp cashews (about 18)
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 ice cubes
Make it like so…
- Combine all ingredients in a Magic Bullet or blender and blend until smooth (about 20-30 seconds)
- Option to strain nut/seed pulp or serve as is.
- Refrigerate any unused milk for up to 3 days.