This burst of flavour is easy to make, fun to eat (with a straw or spoon) and is good for you. Our bodies tend to live in an acidic state, but they’re happiest when their pH is balanced. A simple way to balance the body’s pH (aka alkalize the acidity in the body) is to drink more water. In an effort to liven up my water consumption, this slushy came to be. It’s basically a flavoured water with fancy texture.
The bonus is that black cherries are an alkalizing food; helping to fend off acidity. As a natural response to stress, the body becomes acidic which often leads to inflammation. So, this tasty delight not only hydrates, but it also de-stresses the body by reducing inflammation.
- tart with hints of sweetness, deliciously sour, fresh, cool and cleanses your palate while and quenching your thirst.
Make it like so…
- Purchase organic black cherry juice from your local health food store or the natural food section of your grocery store. It’s important to invest in a good quality, no-sugar added organic black cherry juice.
- Freeze 1 or 2 ice cube trays of black cherry juice
- In a magic bullet or blender combine 5 black cherry ice cubes with 1/2 cup filtered water.
- Blend. May need to add 1 tsp. of water at a time until you reach your desired slushy consistency
Alkalizing foods are amazing for reducing inflammation. Stay tuned for more information about inflammation and alkalizing foods.