This 3 ingredient popsicle recipe is sure to melt your heart. It’s almost rhubarb season which means if you have any left over from last year, now’s the time to use it up or save this recipe for another few weeks until the fresh-crimson-goodness is ready to harvest.
Rhubarb is high in dietary fibre, minerals and vitamins necessary for healthy skin and strong bones.
Bursting with flavour, they’re creamy, tart and naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
Makes 12-18 popsicles depending on your moulds (mine were homemade using wax paper and chopsticks) and takes 20min. to make, 4 hours to freeze.
- 4 cups rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/2 canned, while fat, coconut milk
- 3/4 – 1 cup real Canadian maple syrup
Make them like so…
- Chop 4 cups fresh or frozen rhubarb (I used frozen) *for a smooth texture, cook rhubarb in a little bit of water for 8-10 min. on the stove on medium-high heat.
- Using a food processor, blend cooked or raw rhubarb until finely chopped
- Add coconut milk and maple syrup and blend
- Pour into moulds and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight
Brother checking for quality control