Who doesn’t love a fancy drink, especially one that can be served hot or cold and makes you wanna say “cowabunga dude!”?
Cowabunga translated means delight or satisfaction, and that’s what you’ll get when you sip on this.
Similar to the bitterness of coffee but with a mocha flavour from the cacao, sweet from the honey and creamy from the coconut milk.
Serves 1-2 mugs (more it’s served it over ice)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp. Dandiblend – a natural blend of chicory and dandelion roots giving your liver the support it needs to maintain and sustain balanced energy
- 2 tsp. cacao powder – high in magnesium which calms the body and mind
- 2 tsp. coconut oil – excellent brain food, high in medium chain fatty acids
- 1 tsp. Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen Powder – excellent for joint care and repairing skin tissue especially in the lining of your gut. Healthy gut = healthy mood and stronger immune system
- 3 tsp. canned whole fat coconut milk or cream – great source of healthy fats
- 1 tsp. raw unpasteurized honey – high in anti-fungal and antibacterial properties
- 1/4 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon – fantastic blood sugar stabilizer
Make it like so…
- Heat water in a small sauce pan on the stove until boiled
- Reduce heat to low and add all of your ingredients. Stir and steep for a minute or so
- With an immersion blender blend until frothed. (If you hold your blender at an angle, it allows more air under the blade, giving you a nice froth)
- OR transfer to a magic bullet or blender and blend until frothed. (Make sure the lid is secured and be extra mindful of hot liquid in a blender)