If you’re like me and gravitate towards salty-crunchy goodness, these crackers are for you! Made with only a few ingredients…
these gluten-free, grain-free crackers will make your mouth water and your bellies sing.
Bonus: Flax is amazing at binding to excess toxins in the body; helping it eliminate naturally by gently removing excess waste including hormones like estrogen and everyday toxins that we pick up in our environment. Flax also help to nourish the brain with omega 3 fatty acids so that it can think clearly.
Nutty, savoury, crunchy, earthy and neutral (making them an excellent pairing for your favourite spread).
Takes 25 min. to make and serves about 24 crackers
- 3/4 cups flax seeds (ground, about 2/3 cup whole)
- 3/4 cups sesame seeds (whole)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 eggs
- Sub salt for or 1/4 tsp. each of garlic salt + onion salt)
- 2 tsp. seasoning of choice (rosemary, sage, curry, cumin or a mix of choice)
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds on top
*if you want to double the recipe, you only need to add 1 extra egg (3 eggs total)
Make them like so…
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Freshly grind flax and sesame seeds in a magic bullet or coffee grinder
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, cover and let stand for 10 min. *This is important because it allows the dough to thicken
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper until evenly spread about 1/8″ thick (see video below)
- Sprinkle with sea salt, fresh pepper and chia seeds (if using) and lightly press into dough
- Optional using a pizza roller, cut dough into cracker sized squares. If you do this, you’ll have to flip each cracker individually. Alternatively, bake as one large cracker and then break into bite-sized pieces once baked.
- Bake for 10 min. flipping once and continuing to bake for another 5-6min. or until desired crispness
- Serve with your favourite spread or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week (if they last that long)