Rebalance your body after the weekend with this hydrating and liver-stimulating elixir inspired by Katie Wells of Wellness Mama.
LEMONS ARE AN ALKALIZING POWERFOOD. THE COMBO OF TURMERIC AND LEMON HELP TO SOOTHE THE EFFECTS OF INFLAMMATION IN THE BODY.
Even though lemons taste acidic, they have powerful alkalizing properties in the body – meaning that they help to balance any extra acidity caused by stress and inflammation. They also help to stimulate and support the liver, so that it can effectively act as one of the body’s most important filtration and detoxification organs.
A little bit like a lemony version of orange juice, refreshing, delicious, slightly peppery and thirst quenching.
- 2 cups water
- 1.5 cups ice (plus more for serving)
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 2 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Fresh cracked pepper (to enhance the benefits of turmeric)
MAKE IT LIKE SO…
- Juice 3 lemons and add to blender with water, ice, Turmeric, honey and pepper
- Blend on high for 20-30 seconds
- Serve on ice (optional) and garnish with fresh mint