Swap your store-bought for homemade, there’s no comparison! Even if you didn’t grow your own, there’s nothing wrong with buying some! Serve atop mushroom ravioli or sneak it into your sweet potato black bean quesadillas (keep reading).
Our tomatoes were slow to start this year, but we have an abundance now. What do you do when you have a lot of tomatoes? Make tomato sauce!
I’m no expert on tomato sauce, but like most things, simple is best!
Mother Nature I love you from my head to-ma-toes
- 6 lg tomatoes or 8-9 small, halved
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced.
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled.
- 2 onions, halved
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, 1 tsp dried (optional)
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves (optional)
Make it like so…
Roast for 30 min at 350* Blend & serve. Makes about 1 litre. Store any unused portions for up to a week.